Leveling Up Your Career
Greetings to all. This week is a guest blog post by Dean Burgess. Thank you, Dean, for your submission.
The pandemic has forced many businesses to shutter their doors, leaving millions of people out of work. However, some business sectors are poised for growth in the post-pandemic world. If you're looking to take advantage of post-pandemic opportunities, I will share how you can do so today.
KEY LEADERSHIP SKILLS:
Strong leadership skills are the foundation of every career transition. Following are a few essential leadership traits to hone:
● Decisiveness: Good leaders need to make difficult decisions in pressurizing situations quickly and with the information they have.
● Dependability: Prove to your team members that they can rely on you to keep promises and follow through.
GROWING YOUR SKILLS:
Once you're confident in your leadership abilities, it will be time to translate your skills to reality. Following are some ways to do so:
● Identify key business sectors: Business sectors expected to grow post-pandemic include healthcare, technology, e-commerce, writing, and logistics.
● Level up: Improve your skills by earning a degree or certification in the field you are transitioning to. For example, suppose you are transitioning into healthcare. In that case, you could choose a medical coding course taught online to level up your skills.
GROWING YOUR SKILLS:
At the end of the day, you'll need to apply your leadership skills to take advantage of new opportunities. Here's how to do so:
● Apply for jobs: Start applying for jobs in the growing business sectors. This can be done by searching online or by contacting companies directly.
Be prepared for success: Once you have landed a job in a growing business sector, you will need to be prepared for success.
By following these tips, you can develop your job and leadership skills to take advantage of new opportunities in the business sectors poised for post-pandemic growth. You've got this! ... Dean Burgess
Thanks again to Dean for his submission.
Stay safe, be happy, and be well,
VIDEO PRODUCTION WORK:
We produce video book trailers, business ads, and speaker introductions.
You can subscribe to receive an email notification when a blog is posted by clicking this link. SUBSCRIBE. We do not share or sell your email.